Three Components That Comprise a Good Children’s Story
I’m certain that every reader out there has his or her list of things they like to see in a good story. For me, as regarding Children’s Stories in particular, I like to see the following:
- They’re short. Young children have short attention spans. After one short book, a child could be “done” – and yet you’ve still managed to get a story in! If the child is engaged and ready for more, then you can read 1 or 2 MORE short stories, and everyone is happy.
- They’re fun to read. Let’s face it – there’s nothing worse than a boring book! I like my books to have enough “zing” to make it fun for the parent, as well as something in it that sparks the creativity of the child.
- They have fabulous illustrations. “A picture paints a thousand words,” as the poet said. A great children’s book needs to have fun pictures that will engage the children’s eyes as they listen to their parents read to them.
Why Did I Use a Pen Name?
When I set out to write and publish my first children’s story, I had a debate within myself on whether I should use my actual name or a pseudonym. First, I recalled how my name has always been difficult for people to pronounce. Once folks have gotten to know me, then it becomes easy enough – but at first glance, it’s a challenge. I’m hoping for my book to go around the world. Therefore, an easy-to-read name seemed important.
Next, I thought of great authors from the past and present. Authors I greatly admire. Many of them elected to use a nom de plume. I’m recalling Mark Twain, Dr. Seuss and Lemony Snicket, for example.
Finally, as a former English teacher, I really love alliteration. Therefore, I opted to use a pen name that rolled beautifully off the tongue.
What is my pen name? You’ll find out on launch day! (Just don’t be surprised that you don’t see my actual name on the eBook. It’s still me! 😉
When is the Book Launch?
My new children’s eBook, Sissie the Truck-Driving Dog, will be available on Monday, June 22nd, 2020, for UNDER $1.00!
That is my special Launch Pricing – and my goal is to get my eBook into as many hands as possible ON THAT DAY!
- Goal #1 = 100+ Purchases & Downloads
- Goal #2 = 100+ Reviews on Amazon
- Goal #3 = Reach Best-selling Ranking
Join My Launch Team
Team – I can’t do this without YOUR help!
Together, we can really make a difference. We can promote storytime between parents and youngsters and we can get a new, fun children’s story into the hands of children around the world.
I will be posting a link HERE ON MY BLOG for you to purchase and download the book on June 22nd.
As a special BONUS for those who purchase this eBook, you will get instructions for receiving an audio version of this charming story. It is read by my son, who inherited his father’s awesome “radio announcer” voice. You will love hearing this story read to you as much as you’ll love reading it out loud yourself. (Details for getting this bonus will be inside the book.)
Additionally, this fun story will soon be available in a multitude of languages. Email me or private message me if you want details on obtaining a copy other than in English. Here are the languages that are in the works:
Here are 3 Action Steps you can take right now:
- Set a reminder on your phone NOW to purchase and download the eBook on June 22nd for LESS THAN ONE DOLLAR! Then, please leave an honest Amazon Review as soon as you are able.
- Consider purchasing a second copy of this eBook at the special Launch price in order to bless someone else you know and love.
- Share the good news on social media and with your friends & family (especially while the eBook is priced so LOW).